Total Pageviews

Monday, July 30, 2012

Moving Out Triggered Our Love


So the other day we had our wedding covered in the papers, yes newspaper, oh so excited that happened. You know those people who win lotteries and say they had never won anything in their lives before, well that is how I felt reading through that paper. I mean, how many times does that happen or what are the chances of it happening! Well being married to Tom sure has made alot of impossibilities, possible. I thank God almighty for such an awesome priviledge. So I figured let me just save it in as many places as possible, so that its never deleted or forgotten or taken for granted or lost. Enjoy!

The Saturday Standard- Eve Bridal Magazine/Pullout


Moving out triggered our love

Updated Saturday, July 28 2012 at 00:00 GMT+3
Bride: Miriam Mumo and Tom Chumbi

When: March 10, 2012
Where:  Coopers Kenya, Loresho in Nairobi
Budget: Sh400,000

Interview: 400

Interview: Thorn Mulli

                                                                        
Miriam Mumo and Tom Chumbi
Eve Bridal: How did the two of you meet?
 Tom: I lived in the same compound she lived with her parents. We had no particular interest in each other as we thought we were simply not each other’s type. We were ‘the exchanging movies type of neighbours’. When she eventually moved out, I began to pay attention. Visits to her house coupled with movies and coffee dates followed, fanning our friendship.
Miriam: Little did I know that moving out inadvertently triggered his interest in me. God works in mysterious ways, because I wasn’t keen on dating a ‘neighbour’. We exchanged contacts and once I settled at my place, he was interested in knowing how I was doing. After that I started going over to my parents’ place over the weekends, which was the best excuse to see him and grow our friendship.

EB: How did he propose?
 Miriam: We were going out for our first formal dinner date somewhere in Highridge. Meeting him at All Saints’ Cathedral never arose any suspect thoughts because he had earlier told me he had to meet up with a friend who needed to pass on some urgent documents. So there we were all dressed up for dinner, but the friend proved a no show and we decided to head to town. Along the way, we passed by Serena Hotel and he stated that Serena also offered dinner. I had never had a meal there, so the offer was welcome. Once seated, cool glasses of juice in hand, a lady came to us with a bouquet of red roses followed by a gentleman with a video camera and another with a covered plate. I was dumbstruck; the supposed friend we had been waiting for was the guitarist who was running late and had to be at the hotel before we got there. So I uncovered the plate and there lay this lovely red velvet box and all I could think was, ‘this dude could not have gone through all this trouble just to give me earrings, right?’ I opened the box and it had a note, so as I was reading, he came and knelt beside me and got out the ring from his coat (he had it with him all along), I could have fainted, but not before managing a passionate ‘Yes’.

EB: How was the honeymoon?
Tom: Relaxing.
Miriam: We had lots and lots of fun! We got to relax a lot, especially the first week. The scenery, weather and adventure made it all worth the while.

Open Link: http://www.standardmedia.co.ke/?articleID=2000062785&pageNo=1

No comments:

Post a Comment

Scribe In Your Say