Total Pageviews

Wednesday, June 06, 2012

Skills forgetten by our generation


Easy Double Crotchet and Shell Beanie with a Side Flower
Back in the scene, guess I've been out of view because there was really not much to write about, alot happened in the world, but it was only the bad we witnessed, so I kept meself busy doing other stuff! Attached herein is the picture of my first ever crotcheted hat, yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee! (sadly it does not fit me, i made a calculation era somewhere along the way) But am very proud of myself, thanks to a friend at work and You Tube (for real, just type crotcheting and be amazed) , I was able to venture into this land of adventure.
 I have to admit though sadly, that people associate this skill with old age, which should not be the case, it's fun creative and very well calculated to get the right outcome at the same time. The other day me and my hubby were watching this documentary and this very very old couple were being interviewed and the wife was crotcheting, ha! no i did not see myself 50 years down the line but lets just say my hubby has found a new tease line.

Why crotchet? my mum is a tailor or dress maker and when we were young I remember her crotcheting abit and I appreciated the skill, so maybe as am nearing the big 30 (wow am getting old or better still am getting wiser) memories of things I loved are creeping back into my creative nature or am just taking the wife and preparing-to-be-a-mum deal tooooooooo seriously. Either way I find this quite relaxing and cannot wait to post the next item I crotchet!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Scribe In Your Say