Total Pageviews

Monday, May 14, 2012

Of Mondays and Blues!

Monday is a day that means many things to many people. For those of you who get to sleep alittle longer be very grateful, for those of you who wake up to go to a job you love, thank God daily. For those of you who just 'wasted' your whole weekend and woke up on Monday with a migraine and a great need to be lazy, all I can say is you had it coming! My personal goal is to wake up on Monday's somewhere on a beach with a very cold glass of Orange juice at hand with my husband by my side ofcourse!

Yesterday was mother's day and I enjoyed my time at church, listening to mothers give their different life stories, and I still cannot help but wonder how a mothers Monday usually is like. First of all you have had no weekend to yourself and then here you are getting up to go work as is expected and worst of all, to a really unfriendly work environment!

How much is someone really supposed to take just for face value sake, i mean you are a daughter, sister, wife, mother, grandmother, worker etc! and you HAVE to meet everyone's needs! Is there a certain point in time you are 'allowed' to just get up and say enough, i need to go to seclusion and get myself together before I loose my head? Will society understand that? or just judge and condemn?

We have stereotyped Monday into the day of 'gloom' just because we have to get off our bums and go work, not because it's the greatest thing in the world to do, but because if we don't then we don't eat, period! Living a fulfilled life is what distinguishes this fact, i mean how many times do you meet or hear a person say they love what they do so much it's not about the pay and your like, really? Mums are like that, they love us so much they really don't care how bad their back/arms/feet/head aches so long as her family is okay.

It's okay to get tired, we are human not superwomen or supermen, and it's ok to say I cannot handle all this, hence hire help. Being a mum seems to be so fulfilling that many a times the aches fade away with the sound of laughter and the sweet reasuring touch of you kid/s. As I look forward to being a mum in the near future, all I can do is pray for grace and patience. Giving up on your kids is not an option as a parent, irregardless of the once in awhile bouts of selfishness arising within us to take care of 'me'.

"Whatever career field you are in, there is no option of being a good or bad mum. You must be a good mom. You must work at being a good mum. And yet you can still have a thriving career. Personally, I have learnt the art of M-mothering."  Irene Choge of NTV on interview with Mummy Tales Blogger

Here's a clip I came across and thought wow, how cool mothers are and how sad that we only come to appreciate them much later in life! Happy Mothers' Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Scribe In Your Say